BIGtheme.net http://bigtheme.net/ecommerce/opencart OpenCart Templates
Home / International News (page 334)

International News

Washington puts Saudi, Yemen, Libya Daesh on terror list

The United States has placed Daesh (ISIL) branches in Saudi Arabia, Libya and Yemen on its global terrorism blacklist. Washington on Thursday categorized the three branches as a “foreign terrorist organization,” meaning that sanctions and penalties will apply to them and those supporting them. The State Department said the ISIL ...

Read More »

Egypt gets $25 billion from Russia for nuclear plant

Russia has extended Egypt a $25-billion loan to finance the construction of the country’s first nuclear power plant, President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi has said.  Sisi approved the agreement in a decree on Thursday, saying Moscow will cover 85% of the expenses and his government will provide the remaining 15%. Egypt is to repay the loan over a ...

Read More »

US B-52 bursts into fireball after crash in Guam

An American B-52 strategic military plane has been destroyed after crashing at the US airbase in the Western Pacific island of Guam. US military officials said Thursday that the B-52H Stratofortress bomber went down in a fiery crash on Wednesday shortly after takeoff, without leaving any casualties. All seven crew ...

Read More »

US Congress pushes bill to fight Zika virus

Lawmakers at the US House of Representatives have passed a bill to provide more than 600 million dollars to help fight the spread of the Zika virus. The approved fund is far below President Barack Obama’s request and the Senate’s 1.1 billion dollar legislation. Overall, Obama had requested $1.9 billion ...

Read More »

US uses Italy island for Daesh war in Libya

The United States is using a military base in a remote Italian island in the Mediterranean to lead its military campaign against Takfiri Daesh (ISIL) militants in north Libya. The US spy planes have been taking off from the island of Pantelleria in southern Italy to carry out surveillance flights over Libya’s ...

Read More »

Sanders wins Oregon, Clinton claims Kentucky

US Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton has narrowly won Kentucky’s Democratic primary while her rival Bernie Sanders clinched a victory in Oregon. Clinton’s victory on Tuesday thwarted the Vermont senator’s recent momentum after West Virginia and Indiana both went to him last week. With 99 percent of the votes counted ...

Read More »

Trump plans to tear down Obama’s Wall Street reform law

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says he would dismantle nearly all of US President Barack Obama’s sweeping financial reforms known as Dodd-Frank. The billionaire businessman said Tuesday that he intended to unveil a detailed economic policy platform in two weeks, saying the 2010 Dodd-Frank law was harming the US ...

Read More »

3 dead, 1 injured in South Carolina shooting

Three people have been shot dead and another has been wounded in a shooting in Ravenel, Charleston Country, South Carolina, officials say. Officers arrived at the scene of the shooting on Tuesday afternoon to find the bodies of two women and a girl, shot to death in a mobile home ...

Read More »