BIGtheme.net http://bigtheme.net/ecommerce/opencart OpenCart Templates
Home / Middle East / Saudi-led airstrikes kill 3 people, including child, in Yemen’s Hudaydah, Sa’ada

Saudi-led airstrikes kill 3 people, including child, in Yemen’s Hudaydah, Sa’ada

Muslim Times(Web Desk) – At least three people, including a child, have been killed after Saudi-led warplanes hit localities in Yemen’s Hudaydah and Sa’ada provinces, three and a half years after the so-called military coalition began a full-scale war against the impoverished nation.

The Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported on Tuesday that Saudi-led fighter jets launched an airstrike on the residential area of Ghaferah of Dhahir district in the northern province of Sa’ada earlier in the day that resulted in the killing of child and wounding of several others.

It also said that a separate aerial aggression against a civilian vehicle, traveling from Jarrahi to Zabid cities in the western province of Hudaydah, leading to the killing two people.

Saudi Arabia and some of its allies, including the United Arab Emirates, Morocco and Sudan, launched a brutal war, code-named Operation Decisive Storm, against Yemen in March 2015 in an attempt to reinstall former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi and crush the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which plays a significant role in aiding the Yemeni army in defending the country against the invading coalition.

The movement has also been running state affairs in the absence of an effective administration since the onset of the imposed war.

Since the onset of imposed war, the Yemeni army troops, backed by fighters from the Ansarullah movement, have launched numerous retaliatory attacks against Saudi-led forces and its mercenaries inside Yemen and through ballistic missile strikes deep inside Saudi Arabia.

According to a report by Yemen’s Arabic-language Ansarullah news portal on Tuesday, Yemeni snipers have managed to slay or wound more than 67 Saudi-led mercenaries during the past 72 hours.

The imposed war initially consisted of a bombing campaign, but was later coupled with a naval blockade and the deployment of ground forces to Yemen. Some 15,000 Yemenis have been killed and thousands more injured since the onset of the Saudi-led aggression.

The Saudi-led war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories. The United Nations has said that a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in dire need of food, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger.

Several Western countries, the US and Britain in particular, are also accused of being complicit in the ongoing aggression as they supply the Riyadh regime with advanced weapons and military equipment as well as logistical and intelligence assistance.

About Muslim Times

Check Also

Defying international outcry on Gaza massacre, Israel threatens Hamas

Muslim Times(Web Desk) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has threatened to land “very strong ...