(Web Desk) – A recent report has revealed that Yemeni army soldiers and fighters from allied Popular Committees killed and injured dozens of Saudi soldiers in the kingdom’s southwestern border regions in June as part of their retaliatory raids against the Riyadh regime’s aerial bombardment campaign.
Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, citing unnamed Saudi social media activists, reported that Yemeni forces and their allies fatally shot 30 troopers in the regions of Jizan, Najran and Asir last month.
Another 46 also sustained injuries in retaliatory attacks.
This is while the Saudi Press Agency asserted that only 26 soldiers had been killed in clashes with Yemeni troops and allied fighters.
Yemeni army troopers and Popular Committees fighters also launched a salvo of Katyusha rockets at a gathering of Saudi-sponsored militiamen loyal to Yemen’s former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi at al-Sadis military base in Saudi Arabia’s southern border region of Najran.
An unidentified number of Saudi mercenaries lost their lives and sustained injuries in the attacks.
Saudi fighter jets also carried out ten airstrikes against residential buildings and farming lands in the Baqim district of Yemen’s northwestern province of Sa’ada, though no immediate reports about possible casualties and the extent of damage caused were immediately available.
Additionally, Saudi warplanes launched four air raids against Kitaf wa al-Boqe’e district in the same Yemeni province. No fatalities were quickly reported.
‘International community has failed to stop Saudi-led war on Yemen’
Meanwhile, a journalist and political commentator has lambasted the international community over its failure to put an end to the devastating Saudi-led military aggression against Yemen.
“Millions of people are under constant attack from a coalition of forces led by Saudi Arabia and the International community is not doing anything about it.
“The UN is under huge influence of the United States. Unless the US wants UN to do something, it will not happen,” Shobhan Saxena told Press TV on Wednesday.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the Saudi-led war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured since March 2015.
The United Nations says a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger.
A high-ranking UN aid official recently warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there was a growing risk of famine and cholera there.
“People’s lives have continued unraveling. Conflict has escalated since November, driving an estimated 100,000 people from their homes,” John Ging, UN director of aid operations, told the UN Security Council on February 27.