A military source told Arabic-language al-Masirah television network on Tuesday that the medium-range Qaher M-2 missile had precisely hit the target.
He said the missile strike came following precise reconnaissance and killed a large number of Saudi troops as well as mercenaries and injured dozens more.
He further warned that the Yemeni forces were in full readiness and would surprise Saudi troops in the near future with their missiles strikes.
Separately on Tuesday, a Yemeni sniper shot dead a Saudi soldier at a military base in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Asir region.
Yemeni forces regularly fire ballistic missile at positions inside Saudi Arabia in retaliation for Saudi military strikes on Yemen.
The Saudi-led war, which began in March 2015, has been accompanied by a naval and aerial blockade on Yemen. It has so far killed over 12,000 people and led to a humanitarian crisis and a cholera outbreak.
Saudi Arabia launched the offensive to eliminate Yemen’s Houthi movement and reinstall a Riyadh-friendly regime there.
The Saudi military campaign, however, has failed to achieve its goals despite spending billions of dollars on the war and enlisting the cooperation of its vassal states as well as some Western countries.