BIGtheme.net http://bigtheme.net/ecommerce/opencart OpenCart Templates
Home / International News / NY judge acquits KSA in 9/11 case, rules against Iran

NY judge acquits KSA in 9/11 case, rules against Iran

A US court has vindicated Saudi Arabia and ruled against Iran over the ‘September 11’ incidents in America, where over a dozen Saudi citizens, not Iranians, staged multiple plane-crash attacks back in 2001.

New York district judge George Daniels issued the default judgment on Wednesday, claiming Iran failed to defend itself against allegations of having a role in the attacks.

The court ruled that Iran must pay more than 10 billion dollars in damages to families of people killed on 9/11.

The ruling is based on the 9/11 Commission Report which stated that some attackers moved through Iran and did not have their passports stamped.

It also said Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement provided advice and training to al-Qaeda members who carried out the attacks.

Daniels had earlier cleared Saudi Arabia from culpability.

The allegations come as 15 of the 19 attackers were Saudi citizens and not a single one was Iranian.  Two were from the United Arab Emirates, and one each from Egypt and Lebanon.

Saudi Arabia was legally cleared from paying damages to families of 9/11 victims last year, after Judge Daniels dismissed accounts that the Persian Gulf monarchy provided material support to the terrorists and ruled that Riyadh had sovereign immunity.

The September 11, 2001 attacks, aka the 9/11 attacks, were a series of strikes in the US, which killed nearly 3,000 people and caused about $10 billion worth of property and infrastructure damage.

US officials assert that they were carried out by al-Qaeda terrorists but many experts have raised questions about the official account, saying it was a false-flag operation and that former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, also of Saudi origin, was just a bogeyman for the US military-industrial complex.

f68b5c98-2de3-473f-8309-d6a4e49053a7

About Muslim Times

Check Also

UK’s Brexit minister says there is no plan to leave Brexit talks

Britain’s Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, David Davis, says his country has ...